Why Kokum Butter is a Must-Have Ingredient in Natural Beauty”？
Kokum butter is extracted from the seeds of the kokum tree and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries for its many benefits for the skin. This natural ingredient is rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamins, making it a popular choice for natural skin care. In this blog, we will discuss the benefits of kokum butter, the best ways to use it in your skin care routine, where to buy pure kokum butter and some DIY beauty recipes you can try at home. Whether you’re a skincare enthusiast or someone looking for natural alternatives, kokum butter is definitely worth exploring.
Kokum butter is most often used topically as an ingredient in skincare products. Much like shea butter, it has moisturizing properties and is less likely to clog the pores than something like cocoa butter. It has a high melting point and melts slightly when it comes into contact with skin. This makes it a desirable ingredient for lip balms, soaps, and moisturizers.
Kokum butter is also edible. It is an ingredient in some curries and candies as an alternative to cocoa butter.
Benefits of Kokum Butter:
- Moisturizing and nourishing: Kokum butter has a deep moisturizing and nourishing effect on the skin. It helps lock in moisture and prevent dryness, making it perfect for those with dry or sensitive skin.
- Anti-Aging Properties: The antioxidants in cocoa butter help fight free radicals and reduce signs of aging. It can help smooth fine lines and wrinkles and improve the overall texture of your skin.
- Soothing and Healing: Kokum butter has anti-inflammatory and healing properties, making it an excellent choice for soothing irritated or sun-damaged skin. It can also help heal scars and blemishes over time.
The best ways to use Kokum Butter in your skin care routine:
- Facial Moisturizer: Kokum butter can be used as a standalone facial moisturizer or mixed with other oils for extra benefits. It is lightweight and absorbs easily into the skin, leaving it feeling soft.
- Body butter: Make your own body butter using kokum butter, shea butter and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. This luxurious treatment will leave your skin feeling deeply moisturized and pampered.
- Lip Balm: Kokum butter is the perfect ingredient for making lip balm. Its moisturizing properties will keep your lips soft and smooth, especially during the cold winter months.
Where to buy pure Kokum butter:
When looking for pure kokum butter, it is important to choose a reputable supplier that offers high-quality organic products. Aogubio is a company specializing in the production and sale of pharmacologically active substances, raw materials and plant extracts, including kokum butter. They serve the pharmaceutical, food, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries, ensuring that their products meet the highest quality and purity standards.
Natural skin care products containing Kokum butter:
If you prefer to buy ready-made skin care products, there are many options with kokum butter as the main ingredient. Look for products like body lotions, creams and balms that highlight the benefits of kokum butter.
How to Use Kokum Butter
Because kokum butter is hard at room temperature, it is often combined with other oils in both culinary and skincare applications. In order to blend it, you will need to melt the oil before combining it.
Kokum butter can be difficult to find. Relatively few retailers in the United States carry the butter. However, the dried kokum rind’s growing popularity as a weight loss aid could result in an increased supply of the fruit, making it easier to find in the future.
Here are some ways you can incorporate kokum butter into your beauty routine and cooking:
- Whip kokum butter into a body butter
- Grind kokum rind (solam) and add it to curries and chutneys
- Make kokum juice
- Add sun-dried kokum to dishes a sour kick
- Use kokum as a substitute for tamarind in recipes
- Mix up a kokum shampoo
For those who prefer to create their own skin care products, there are countless DIY beauty recipes that incorporate kokum butter. From body scrubs to hair masks, the possibilities are endless. Try different combinations to find what works best for your skin and hair.
All in all, kokum butter is a versatile and beneficial ingredient that has earned its place in the world of natural skin care products. Whether you choose to use it on its own or look for products that contain it, the benefits of kokum butter are undeniable. With its moisturizing, anti-aging and soothing properties, kokum butter is a must-have ingredient for anyone looking to enhance their skin care routine with naturally nourishing products.